Sunday, August 18

Plans? What plans?
Or, it’s already noon of the first day of my 23rd year, and I’m still lounging around in my pajamas.

So I slept late. I had a really trying day yesterday. It took me three hours to get home from yesterday’s workshop in Cavite. Note to self: Put patience in grocery list.

The van going to Manila took so long to fill up with passengers. Grand total of two passengers, and they won’t leave until they have at least five. The other girl passenger and I waited outside because it was too cold in there. It rained, and after fifty golden years she said she’s taking the jeep instead. Having no umbrella, and not wanting to spend another ice age just waiting, I went along with her.

Jeep pulled out just as we got to the station. We were the first passengers there, then a whole posse of burly young guys filled up the jeep. Other passengers were a housewife and a slightly gay guy. So sleepy I closed my eyes a bit. Got caught in traffic. Woke up just in time to see the girl with the umbrella get off jeep. I was the only girl left inside jeep, and I’ve never been more conscious of it in my life. My mobile phone’s batteries went to heaven and I didn’t want to get stuck with a jeepney load of burly guys in lawlaw shorts in the middle of the expressway in rainy weather. Jumped off jeep.

Discovered that horrible traffic was caused by the sale at SM Bacoor. Flagged down an FX. Baby boy in red jacket interested in playing peekaboo but I was really tired.

Buried myself under blankets as soon as I got home. Didn’t even get to text people that I got home safely. My apologies. Also, thanks to all the people who greeted me already. I read them all this morning.

Meanwhile, I think I have to get up, wake up, and have some brunch. Have a nice weekend everyone.

No comments: