Sunday, March 6

Random Music Meme

This meme was cribbed from Noringai, although in a slightly altered version. Might be old hat to most of you, but here we go:

Step 1: Get your playlist together, put it on random, and play!
Step 2: Pick your favorite lines from the first 25 songs that play!
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song the lines come from!
Step 4: Cross out the songs when someone guesses correctly!

Then something really weird happened: Every two songs was an Eraserheads song and every fifth song was an instrumental/film theme/foreign lyrics/instrumental film theme from a Korean movie. I didn’t know what to do so I just didn’t count in all the Heads songs after the second one (blink blink) and all the songs without lyrics or the interviews with obscure personalities that somehow crowded my audio folder.

So here it is, my random music meme:

1. When you leave I'm begging you not to go, call your name two or three times in a row. Such a funny thing for me to try to explain. How I'm feeling and my pride is the one to blame. --Crazy in Love, Beyonce Knowles feat. Vaness Wu

2. Here I stand head in hand, turn my face to the wall. If she´s gone I can´t go on, feeling two foot small.

3. Confront your enemies, avoid them when you can. A gentleman will walk but never run.

4. Now I do as I please, and I lie through my teeth. Someone might get hurt, but it won't be me. She'll probably feel cheap, but I'll just feel free, and a little bit empty.

5. I am covered in skin. No one gets to come in. Pull me out from inside. I am folded, and unfolded, and unfolding.

6. Mahal kita. Pero miss na miss na miss ko na ang aking kama at ang malupit kong unan. Bakit di ka na lang sumama? Hihiga tayo at kakanta. --Kama Supra, Eheads

7. You've got me feeling hella good. So let's just keep on dancing. You hold me like you should. So I'm gonna keep on dancing. --Hella Good, No Doubt

8. Niyaya ko siyang lumabas kahapon ngunit ayaw niya. Di niya raw makita kaparis ng bra niya. --Kaliwete, Eraserheads

9. You've got your ball, you've got your chain. Tied to me tight. Tie me up again. --Crash Into You, Dave Matthews

10. She's got herself a little piece of heaven. Waiting for the time when Earth shall be as one.

11. In my dreams I'm dying all the time. As I wake this kaleidoscopic mind. I never meant to hurt you, I never meant to lie. So this is goodbye. This is goodbye.

12. That is why all the girls in town follow you all around. Just like me they long to be close to you. --Close to You, Karen Mok version

13. If the sky that we look upon should tumble and fall. Or the mountain should crumble to the sea. I won't cry, I won't cry. No, I won't shed a tear. --Stand By Me, Ben E. King

14. You're the closest heaven that I'll ever be. And I don't want to go home right now. --Iris, Goo Goo Dolls

15. Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see. It's getting hard to be someone but it all works out, it doesn't matter much to me.

16. Well, it's a lie it's a lie - don't you believe it. If you're fine then you're fine - it's all how you see it. Oh, there never will be no conspiracy of happiness. --On A High, Duncan Sheik

17. I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. --She Will Be Loved, Maroon 5

18. She didn’t know how to live in a town that was rough. It didn’t take long before she knew she'd had enough. Walking home in her wrapped up world. She survived but she’s feeling old cause she found all things cold.

19. Oh no! My bestfriend's gay. It's the same old friend I had yesterday and he's happy and gay. --This Guy's In Love With You, Pare

20. I'd like to watch you sleep at night, to hear you breathe by my side.

21. Sing to me the song of the stars. Of your galaxy dancing and laughing and laughing again. --Only Hope, Mandy Moore

22. I see friends shakin' hands, sayin' "How do you do?" / They're really saying "I love you." --What a Wonderful World, Louis Armstrong

23. Stop playing with my heart. Finish what you start. If you want to let me know, baby, let it show. Honey, don’t you fool around.

24. My hands will adore you through all darkness aim, they will lay you out in moonlight and reinvent your name.

25. What part of no don't you understand? (Understand understand) I want a man not a boy who thinks he can. --Too Much, Spice Girls

No comments: