Thursday, March 31

Is that a book in your pocket?

All the book geeks (kind of redundant, ei?) have been passing this survey around so I figured it'll be a matter of time before it reaches me. Markmomukhamo passed on the geek baton and if you've also been browsing the Team Angas blog, you'll know what's on my shelf, but here we go.

You’re stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

This is kind of funny because just last night, I debated getting that 12 peso copy of Fahrenheit at Booksale. I mean, it's from the 60s, and the cover says it'd be turned into a movie directed by Francois Truffaut. I already have a copy, but the cover art's different, then eventually I tore myself away from it.

But back to the question, I'll be In Cold Blood by Truman Capote.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Does Thomas J. Sennett from My Girl count? He is fictional, albeit of the cinematic sort. But if you insist, I had a thing for Tyler Durden.

The last book you’ve bought is:

You're in luck, because I've just dropped by Booksale last night. Got Bee Season by Myla Goldberg because the author photo promised that it should be a fun read; and also Never Mind the Pollacks, the "rock and roll novel" by Neal Pollack.

The last book you’ve read:

One Hot Second: Stories About Desire. Edited by Cathy Young.

What are you currently reading?

A bunch: Killing Time in a Warm Place and Man Overboard by Butch Dalisay, Lonely Planet's Unpacked Again, and Queen Bees and Wannabes. Mostly nonfiction. Plus a ton of student papers and blue books. Those must count for something, at least.

Five books you would take to a deserted island:

The Waste Land and The Complete Franz Kafka because I could never finish them no matter how hard I tried. And maybe the Twisted box set if they ever come up with it.

Who will you pass this quiz to?

Tekstong Bopis, Twisted/Sister, Saturated Text Machine, Bluekessa, and psychicpants for when he starts blogging again.

No comments: