Friday, January 30

Scorpio Nights Redux

I blogged about watching the original Scorpio Nights movie last week: how excited I was that it was available on video, the quest for my own copy, and then finally watching it. I was convinced that I had an authentic Pinoy cinema gem in my hands. Imagine my consternation when later that same day, I came across a poster advertising a screening of that same movie at the FC Walk a couple of days ago. Apparently, I'm not the only one with a copy.

Then our Sisterhood of the Socks honorary member Rod told me over dinner that the video copy was NOT the complete version of the film. He said that he was able to watch a screening of it years ago at the Film Center and the love scenes were way, way longer than what's on video. Anyhow, I don't even know if I could actually stand longer versions of the climactic scene. It literally gives one a chill than what the French call "little deaths." Those deaths ain't little. It's a freaking Shakespearean tragedy, with lots of Freud thrown in.

No comments: