Sunday, March 31

I just want everyone to know that I am still alive and well and nearly got voted out from our Survivor Highlands game. But I am back. I arrived in Manila early morning and slept most of today. When I turned on the television, the Death of Rico Yan was the topic of every single talk show in the Philippines. We first learned about it via sms last Friday afternoon, and we thought it was a prank, and a very bad one. It was Good Friday and it was 3pm. The only thing missing from it was that maybe they would take it back and say that Rico Yan rose from the dead. The following day we checked out the newstands and yes, he was really dead. It's been several days, and I know that people really cared about him and his movies, and his family must still be in shock. But I can only take so much. I opted to turn it off, went to sleep, and later visited my friend Andrea, who is going to Japan.

Have a safe trip, Andrea. I will see you next month. Don't attempt to go skydiving. :)

No comments: