Friday, March 8

I am using up prepaid phone card loads faster than ever. I dialed my friend's number this morning and the operator said I didn't have enough credit to make the call. Say freaking what? I just loaded my phone at the airport last Monday. Apparently, calling people up to say goodnight and trying to find each other around the campus can set you back that much. And somebody has to bloody explain why Bulacan is already considered long distance. It's just off the highway some miles after SM North, you freaking corporate machines.

This is harder than I thought. Just to be able to see each other requires inter-city daredeviltry and knowledge of planetary alignments. Or at least an alternate venue for creating a commonality which is accessible via Edsa. Edsa is the center of our solar system, and we approach center from opposing poles. All routes digressing from it is uncharted territory for the geographically challenged. It is also hell for those who find multi-level parking lots a biohazard and for those drive around the city with their shoes off.

Mi casa, su casa. Your hell is my hell. Thus I will also be confined to horizontal open-air parking lots and riding in cars without shoes. I will sit quietly while you negotiate with that traffic enforcer on why we ran past the traffic light. That wasn't red, it's fuschia. I will try not to laugh, as we pretend to be color-blind.

No comments: