Thursday, October 3

I don't have much to say these days, so I'm letting Pablo Neruda do the talking. Yeah, it's cheating, I know. But indulge me.


Sonnet: I Crave Your Mouth
-Pablo Neruda

I crave your mouth, your voice, your
hair. Silent and starving, I prowl through
the streets. Bread does not nourish me,
dawn disrupts me, all day I hunt for the
liquid measure of your steps. I hunger for
your sleek laugh, your hands the color of
a savage harvest, hunger for the pale
stones of your fingernails, I want to eat
your skin like a whole almond. I want to
eat the sunbeam flaring in your lovely
body, the sovereign nose of your
arrogant face, I want to eat the fleeting
shade of your lashes, and I pace around
hungry, sniffing the twilight, hunting for
you, for your hot heart, Like a puma in
the barrens of Quitratue.

No comments: