Tuesday, January 29

This morning, one of my many many aunts enthusiastically relayed to me an opening for a reporter of some sort to this newspaper.

“But they’re looking for someone with a degree in Journalism, and Mass Communication!”

“I’m not in Journ. I’m an English major – or was anyway.”

“But if you submit now, they’ll hire you in two weeks!”

“Uhm, thanks. But I already have a job.”

As if she didn’t know this before. She still insisted anyhow.

I don’t know why it is so hard for people to remember that I’m already done with college; and that I’m already working – for nearly two frigging years if I may add. Then there’s even the bigger confusion as to what degree I actually pursued: some aunts keep on telling everyone I was in Political Science, or Mass Comm. Those are more traditional (and recognizable) courses than say, Creative Writing. And so the misconception spreads ad infinitum unless I bother to correct them. It’s just tiring to do that everytime.

No comments: