Wednesday, January 30

My itinerary is full. I have tons of errands to do before I head off to my friend's house for a sleepover with the girls, the objective of which is to watch movies until we drop. At least that's how I understood the invite. If not that, Nicolle will delight us with her Japanese culinary skills. Yum. Or we can always talk, and talk and talk. The whole day disappears without your ever noticing.

Meanwhile, I'm doing online research for my brother's philosophy homework. Faith, atheism and other such stuff from Philo I. Bah. Their course description is different from what I'm accustomed though. It's all about logic and argumentation, a far cry from our Sophie's World freshman discussion. It's a choose the lesser evil thing. The last time my brother fiddled with my pc for his Harry Potter (ew!) book report, I got wiped out with a trojan. So I volunteered to do this, because I don't want him diddling with my computer while I'm away. Just getting the definition and other materials that might be relevant for him. Bah-humbug.

On the other hand, I really liked Jostein Gaarder. (I devoured his other books, but after The Christmas Mystery, the magic wore a little thin. It must be a phase.) Philosophy makes brilliant fodder for freshie pseudo-nihilist talk. Plus you can make use of Calvin and Hobbes for the class report. Yey, Jostein Gaarder!)

No comments: