Wednesday, January 30

At dinner last night, my mother was telling me about how throngs of people lined up along the highway coming from Malacanang. Gloria Arroyo's convoy to the airport was due to pass by, and upon hearing that our district's representative (ugh!) Mark Jimenez was going to be there. People waited because they heard a rumor he'd be giving away one thousand peso bills. Really. So they waited, and waited until around past 8pm or so. When Gloria's convoy whizzed by, and upon seeing the multitudes waiting, Madame President rolled down her windows and waved. Waved. The crowd went whoop! and yehey! When she was gone, they walked away disappointed:

Mark Jimenez and his thousand peso bills didn't materialize.

They went home disappointed, and Gloria Arroyo thought the people were happy to see her off her London.

I live in an absurd world. I mean, Mark Jimenez is my congressional representative. Just shoot me. Now, please.

No comments: