Friday, May 28

Mean Girls

Saving the Mean Girls

A couple of days ago, a friend asked me if I knew what the title of that movie in which Lindsay Lohan plays a lawyer. I had no idea. Teen girls started to become generic--they all looked like Melissa Joan Hart to me. Until I read this review of Mean Girls, and I've been reading many very good reviews of it that I really want to watch that movie.

At lunch with the geeks, we were talking about Saved!--this teen movie set in a Christian high school with Mandy Moore and Macaulay Culkin in it, and we wanted to watch it. The reviews seem promising (not to mention hilarious) But I think that's going to be a long shot since people here are a bit touchy about religion. Years back, we wanted to have a screening of Dogma, but it wasn't approved because of irreverence or whatever. We ended up showing The Blair Witch Project. Which reminds me: I still have a poster of that movie rolled up and crouching in a corner of my room with other posters. I've always meant to frame and hang it, but never got around to doing it.

Anyway, to celebrate this momentous occasion of the rediscovery of severe Catholic repression, let me give you this:

Wo-wo-wow!

No comments: