Tuesday, July 15

laundry list

There are days when I just shut myself inside my room and write for several hours or even days. On weekdays, there is no one else home, so if I go hungry I am forced to scrounge around for food, or whatever is left in the cupboard or from breakfast. In the last year or so, we haven't been stocking up that much food. It's either I get dressed (meaning throw on a less tattered shirt) and walk to the corner store or hike up to the nearest 7-11 or Burger Machine. I don't like walking under the noonday heat, or endure the traffic to go downtown. And you can only take in so much siopao or hotdogs or pints of ice cream.

So I thought since I was already at the mall earlier this afternoon, after my meeting. Maybe I could do some grocery shopping. Trips to the supermarket usually just entails cereal, shampoos, bags of Nesvita and Gatorade, tuna. Kanina I let myself go through the entire fresh produce section. They had frogs legs and octopus balls. I considered getting them until I realized I would have to cook them, and I am no gourmet. Kahit na ba fried octopus lang mahirap pa rin yun ha.

I got myself fruits---papaya and pears. No more papaya jokes please. They will not have an effect or if they do, keber ko pa rin. I went straight home anyway. I wanted to do ginisang ampalaya. And red eggs and tomatoes. Salad sets. Canned tuna and mackerel. Shouldn't there be a canned tuna chunks in water? Or did I just dream they existed some time ago? Hmmm. I think I've deprived myself too long from a proper kitchen cooked meal.

For added sustenance: I got some Sustagen, more Nesvita, fresh milk, orange juice, chocolate chip cookies, Berocca, energy drinks, Snickers bars and internet prepaid cards. I can then proceed to shut myself in for another couple of days.

No comments: