Sunday, July 20

I'm just a girl in the world

Went download crazy yesterday and got myself mostly scripts for romantic comedies, which I'm sort of studying right now. Don't ask me why. Have got City of Angels, Only You, Pretty Woman.

I got them for different reasons. I have the almost complete Cameron Crowe Ouvre: Almost Famous, Jerry Maguire, Fast Times at Ridgemont High. I skipped my favorite movie. I got Phone Booth because it has one location and one time frame. Magnolia for its multi-layer and multi-character approach. I had a copy of the script before so this is just reloading. The Graduate so I can see the difference between the script from novel by Charles Webb. Yesterday, I was browsing Details, the one with Ethan Hawke/GenX issue. There was an article about the Broadway run of The Graduate with Jason Biggs in the role of Benjamin Braddock. Kathleen Turner was Mrs. Robinson. I'm wondering how that one turned out. The Pie and Mrs. Robinson. Lastly, I got Heathers and American Beauty.

So last night I finished the script to Notting Hill in one sitting. There's something to be said about reading the script first before the movie. All I know is that it stars Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts, and it's like ordinary guy meets most famous movie star and they fall in love, with many complications. When I came to the part where Anna Scott went to William's travel bookshop, and she wanted him back, and gave him this dialogue on the difficulty of being a celebrity, she said this:

I am just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love me back.

Then she gave him the Chagall painting with the goat in it. Because happiness isn't complete without a goat. Can you imagine that? Yes, yes, I know. It must be something in the water.

No comments: