Tuesday, July 1

Ambot sa imo.

I have no idea what everyone is saying around me. That's my problem. But I do get around, and that is what is important.

You know those tricycle drivers in Dumaguete are even more cruel than the taxi drivers in Manila. Late Sunday afternoon, I went candy shopping at Lee Plaza. We were leaving at dawn Monday so we could go to Sitio Avocado. Since I was already downtown, volunteered to get the candies for the kids. I got a bit carried away and ended up with two huge grocery bags of sweets. Chocolates, marshmallows, candies, wafer sticks, everything. The only thing missing was gummy bears. There are no gummy bears in Dumaguete. At least where I went shopping. And from the looks of it, there probably wasn't any. The px counter didn't carry them either. So no gummy bears for them.

What I had was still heavy, maybe 6-7 kilos of candy. Something must be wrong when a girl with two huge shopping bags can't get a ride from downtown at rush hour. Establishments downtown close at 7pm. Worst thing is, the tricycle drivers ask you where you're headed and if they don't like the place, they leave you. I kept saying, "Boulevard po." Then they would all scoot. Just shoot me please.

Finally got back to the hotel. My segment producer got shocked when he saw me. "I know you volunteered to get the candy. I didn't know you were getting this much. The kids might get diabetes or something." Wala pang gummy bears yun ha. Hehehe.

No comments: