Wednesday, April 10

Speaking of petty bourgeois concerns, the deadline for the filing of your income tax thing is this coming Monday, 15 April. I met up with some of my former work buddies to get our ITR forms, and I swear I don't know what I did with the money I supposedly had earned this past year. Except for sneakers and some clothes, bills and stuff for everyday living, I haven't really been spending much. I don't have anything to show for it. I mean, where did it all go? And I thought I was a tightwad.

If I have my networth in books, this other writer I know has his networth in DVDs. He's a DVD freak. He travels to other countries and comes home with entire suitcases of them. Well, that and orders from Amazon.com. He said if he'd really sum it all up, he could buy a car with what he spent. A car! And I can't even claim to have a complete library of anything. Well, wherever you can get your happiness.

It's nice to wake up feeling refreshed. I was so beat when I came home last night, I didn't even bother to really change clothes or check email. I just wanted to sleep. And it's really nice to have the whole place to myself. I think I like living alone. Although I still have to go back to the old house for things like food, and ironing wrinkled clothes.

Of course, if I really really want to live alone, I would have to move to someplace that's not a stone's throw away from mommy, or aunt or any of my relatives. Which I cannot really do right now because I'd rather save the money I'd pay for renting a place and buy stuff for the house. So much for independent living.

No comments: