Wednesday, April 10

I was talking with a friend when the issue of graduation came up.

Friend: Hey, congratulations.
Me: Hey, thanks.
Friend: If I'm not there, be assured that I'll be watching the live webcast(!)* on the 21st.
Me: ? Isn't graduation on April 27th? Did they change the date or something?
Friend: I don't think so. I just went to check the website and the banner said 21st.
Pause.
Me: Really? You're not kidding me. This isn't April Fools.
Friend: Nope.
Me: Argh! Why didn't you tell me? I can't be late again for an entire year! Darn. So many things to do. I have to tell the college secretary. I have no sablay yet. I have no dress. I have to go shopping!

This is where I log off while I commence on graduation rites panic.

*I believe this is the first time I've heard of it. Ooh, webcast. Cool. And as far as I know, we will be the first university in the Philippines to do so? Well, if you know of other schools, feel free to let me know.

No comments: