Saturday, April 13

Hey. Went to the university early today to process the graduation stuff. Because of the near-weekend traffic, I arrived there at past eleven in the morning. But I surprisingly finished my errands before the (very long, at least for me) lunch hour break. Then I bumped into people -- my favorite way of meeting them, energy bouncing off, literally -- that I haven't seen in a long while.

Walked with Sir Caloy (Carlos Ojeda Aureus, PhD for most of you) to the shopping center. He's convincing me to find stability in terms of employment. Television is fun, but it can be vacuous.

Then Berlitz (not his real name) who should also be graduating this term, *forgot* to apply for graduation. Oh well. My buddy Arlyn is applying for grad studies in Mass Comm, and took the qualifying exams this afternoon. We've been chatting awhile when I remembered the rush hour traffic, and I had yet to go to Megamall to meet a friend.

Berlitz amused us with his story of near death in a jeepney vs ten wheeler collision. In the emergency room, the nurse attending to him wanted to ask him for his family or some friend's phone numbers. In his daze, he remembered the nurse saying, "Taga-UP ka, taga-UP din ako." Weird, when the first concern should have been, "Would you like me to stitch up that three and a half inch gaping hole in your head now?"

No comments: