Saturday, November 24

I was having breakfast when I saw the ad: Barbie's Cradle was going to be on the late show tonight. Since then I've been asking people what time it's supposed to go on, but nobody seemed to know. I was already nodding off when I heard the starting riffs of a guitar, like it was something right out of Moonpools and Caterpillars. A couple more, including one from the Handog anthology. It was called Sunday, I think. After the break was a cover of the Deep song by their drummer. I was totally awake by the time they did Money For Food, and I wanted to jump up and down, if only my mom weren't sleeping already. It always sounds different in every performance. I like my music live. Shiny Red Balloon turned out to be their closing song. I was hoping for an interview, but no, nothing. No details about the new album, or gigs, or whatever. They just came in to sing. I don't sound like a fan, do I? But then again, I wouldn't stay up if I weren't.

No comments: