Sunday, November 17

Curious sidenote:  In My Best Friend's Wedding, there was this little commotion when one of the bride's entourage got her tongue frozen on the privates of  a miniature replica of David. So if I get  my own replica, I will hang a sign that says TONGUES OFF PLS. Wala lang.

A team of faculty and students from Stanford University spent a year in Italy scanning the scultptures and architecture of Michelangelo. The Digital Michelangelo Project aims to put together the complete set of 3D computer models and make these available to scholars worldwide. They even patiently scanned 1,163 fragments of the Forma Urbis Romae, a giant marble map of ancient Rome. Now, if I could only make me a replica of Michelangelo's David right in my own living room. Makes for a nice piece furniture, 'no?

No comments: