Friday, June 16

Super Seventies

While I was hunting down the links for the previous posts, I found the Super Seventies webpage, which is about, well, songs from the super seventies.

Years ago, there was this quiz or maybe it was a site that gave you the top of the pops list from the week when you were born. If I could pick a year from the seventies, the last entry for the page seems like a pretty good selection.

I mean, look at this list:
1. "My Sharona" - The Knack
2. "Le Freak" - Chic
3. "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?" - Rod Stewart
4. "Bad Girls" - Donna Summer
5. "YMCA" - Village People
6. "Reunited" - Peaches and Herb
7. "Ring My Bell" - Anita Ward
8. "I Will Survive" - Gloria Gaynor
9. "Too Much Heaven" - Bee Gees
10. "Hot Stuff" - Donna Summer

I'm not a Bee Gees fan so I don't know that particular song, and "Reunited" isn't particularly swinging. But the rest of it? The Knack and Donna Summer and the Village People and Gloria Gaynor. Oh yeah, it's oh so disco.

No comments: