Friday, September 17

Still no sleep

I've been awake for 3 straight days now. The last time I closed my eyes to sleep and rest was Tuesday night, or very early Wednesday morning. I didn't have my midweek break because I had make up classes and then a meeting in the afternoon. Then I had the brilliant idea of watching Kris Aquino in Feng Shui--on the opening day. Oh it was the usual color saturated Star Cinema film that it was, with generous dollops of Sadako and the generic Asian horror cinema tricks throw in. But I caught the last full show, got home, and started getting all hyper about every miniscule bounce, step and kuliglig rasping around me. I tossed and turned and even felt that little earthquake.

But for the life of me I couldn't turn off the lights and sleep. At 4am, I gave up and booted up my computer and attempted to post something, but my brain was all fried and grilled. I finally had the courage to turn on the nightlight when daylight crept inside my windows. I could hear the neighbors stirring. Time to sleep.

It was four more hours of tossing to no avail. Threw my hands up and dragged my carcass out of bed, got ready for school, and proceeded to make a bumbling parrot of myself. That's what you get when you're fueled by Nescafe.

Then I joined some friends in their lamay night and I attempted to check papers. Then I tried watching some tv and Andrea del Rosario's life was on MMK, and it didn't seem like tv to me.

I still haven't slept. If I keel over and die, it's Kris Aquino's fault. But don't tell her about it.

No comments: