Thursday, December 5

Woke up this morning to the Violent Femmes screaming "Blister in the Sun" on NU 107. I got this auto-flashback of Claire Danes cavorting in her bedroom as Angela Chase. She was feeling mighty fine, then several scenes later she learns that the love of her life Jordan Catalano and her supposed best friend Rayanne Graf had sex in the school parking lot. Her world like, totally crumbled.

That was how I felt like. Yes, I know I'm substituting somebody else's so-called life for mine. I tried to find the words for it, but I only had that scene in mind. A song was all I needed to invoke a whole gamut of feelings, automatically generated and pop culture recycled. It doesn't mean that what I feel is less legitimate because I only borrowed words to express them. I am trying to find a word for it. It might be something along the lines of Bibliolepsy, only audio-video.

No comments: