Tuesday, December 3

I want to believe in an indifferent, absurd universe. I always say I do. Then whenever I'm really sold on the idea, the universe/fate --or whatever have you-- gives me a shove and a definite un-ignorable sign. So three days ago, I got one of those scam sounding novena/chain sms message. I was supposed to forward the message to nine other people except the person who sent it to me. For the heck of it, and just to see if the universe is indeed indifferent, I wasted nine bucks and forwarded it. My friend L texted me back. She said if nothing good happened to her by Monday (which was a few hours ago), she would demand a refund. I quickly forgot all about it. Until this afternoon, all things happened at once. I got my affirmation right there. So the universe is not indifferent after all. It has a really weird and absurd sense of humor. It probably got tired of me whining and floating around, and decided to tell me that yes, your take on the matter was right on the money. If you close the door, you have to at least open the windows to let the air in. Now quit whining and get on with your life. Which is exactly what I'll be doing.

No comments: