Sunday, October 15

How to write a novel, natch

52 Projects gives us tips on how to write your own novel while you're on the clock. Especially helpful if you're a bundy puncher, but perhaps most difficult when you have to stand in front of classroom and can't hide in your office all the time.

November is supposedly novel writing month once again. Either I do that. I have until March to finish a class project, but I'm starting to think that this is really an impossible thing to do. Reading about other writers, like Jeffrey Eugenides, who finished a novel in about nine years, isn't helping me much. And his novel won the Pulitzer, too. Argh!

Another solution comes to mind: abandon this thing altogether. But that will mean I'll be thrown one class back into my long hopscotch game towards finishing my grad studies. Oh well.

No comments: