Wednesday, October 3

I bumped into some friends at the mall and wanted to play some billiards and we ended up in this place along Shaw Blvd. The girls made a mad dash for the convenience store, ostensibly to get some cigs. But what they really really wanted was to break their bills for five peso coins. There is a videoke machine at the bar where you can sing a song for five bucks, sort of like a dukebox. They spent practically the whole night bugging me to go sing or whatever, so I perused the selection book.

There between Let's get loud and Lick it was Libyan On A Jet Plane. Now I've seen people who really weren't meant for spelling bees and that can be sometimes hilarious. I've had my fill of "pull the string to stuff" and "costumer's parking" etc. I thought it was a John Denver song, or in the worst, something by LeAnn Rimes, but as the words popped on the screen, it definitely was not folk: "I hope my mobile phone doesn't blow up your face" might sound like Weird Al, but I couldn't be too sure. Whoever came up with that must be either fast or really prophetic.

No comments: