Friday, December 28

My brother and I spent the better part of an hour trying to put together a CD rack I got for Christmas. Now I'm very bad with stuff that requires construction, but I love jigsaw puzzles. The thing is, jigsaw puzzles are obvious: if it doesn't fit and doesn't look quite right, then that piece doesn't go there. CD racks are another thing: I need an instruction manual, or at least good directions. There was no
manual, just smudged illustrations outside the box.

Four hands are better than two, hey. Which reminds me, I need to repossess all the CDs I lent out if I am to at least fill part of the rack. I'm missing videos mostly: Not One Less, The Full Monty, Billy Elliot, Time and Tide, among others. I don't want to lose any of them, because I acquired every single one of them legally -- down with the pirates! I keep tabs now of who I lent which book/CD/magazine to. I already have more than my share of books lent out and never ever returned to me, so I will have to be strict. If you're reading this, and you know who you are, it's time to give them back.

No comments: