Sunday, July 22

Thrilled

1,500 inmates at the Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center do Michael Jackson's "Thriller."

Jail director Byron Garcia believes that music is good for the inmates' well-being, so he had them too YMCA, Radio Gaga and Hail Holy Queen.

Adam Jasper for Viceland magazine has this to say about prisons in the Philippines, at least as run by Byron Garcia: "Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center is different. It is a brand new prison built on the American model, with fingerprint scanners, closed-circuit TV, and orange uniforms. It’s run by Byron F. Garcia, and because he thinks it’s a jewel of a facility, he took me on a tour and let me photograph whatever I wanted."

Seems like this is what you do when bored and have plenty of play/inmates.

Meanwhile, this makes me think really hard about that urban legend which claims that civil servants only have half a brain.

Okay, this is not helping me get any sleep.

via

No comments: