Saturday, July 21

Bedtime Teas



I'm down to the last bag of my caffeine free herbal teas, which help me sleep nights. What I'm sipping right now is the last of my Sleepytime tea, a blend of chamomile, spearmint, lemon grass, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn berries, and rosebuds.

According to the website, this warm cup "creates a lullaby of tender flavor to soothe your senses. This 100% natural, gentle cup of hot tea lets you curl up under a quilt of flavor and quiet the tensions of your world."



The other day, I also drank the last of my Noche, which promises me "happy nights" through its blend of melissa, orange blossoms, chamomile, linden blossom and fennel seeds. It's a different blend from the one above, but a staple of these calming teas seem to be orange blossoms and chamomile. I bought Noche from one of the Spanish booths in the big international tiangge last Christmas. So unless I find a supplier here, I might have to wait for my "happy nights" in the next bazaar.




Sometimes I eat kiwi fruit, which is also effective, but dependent on (a) whether there's some available in the supermarket, or (b) if I actually have enough money to buy them fruits. There was one time that the only kind available was the "golden" one. The usual kiwi is brown and has furry skin. But golden kiwis are less furry and inside it's yellow. Chinabelles also more expensive. Kiwis of any kind are expensive. Gah.

I'm crossing my fingers that when I go the supermarket tomorrow, I'll find either one of these teas, or maybe some kiwi. If desperate, I might resort to the Sandman teas, but if I remember correctly, I didn't have much success with that particular brand.

No comments: