Monday, January 21

The Edsa Dos anniversary celebration was yesterday, and it didn't really make as much noise as I hoped so. It only propels the theory that we Pinoys have short term memories, and perhaps short term goals. I have no illusions of a great miracle taking place one year after Edsa. Just look at our track record: a centennial plus years after the Spaniards have been booted out, fifteen years after the first Edsa, a year after Erap Estrada, and we are still in the same miserable state that we've been in since forever.

Entrails reader and I both have essays about Edsa Dos which appeared in peyups just several days apart. His is an excerpt from his journal, mine is just a bunch of questions and exasperated whining at our failure to really get our act together. Differences: Entrails reader has a much better grasp of Filipino than I do, and I usually write my stuff in English. But since I am on an experimentation mode, I ranted in Filipino, and his collected thoughts are in English.

Just go read the essays already.

No comments: